Terms Used In Florida Statutes 554.1151
- Certificate of competency: means a document issued to a person who has satisfied the minimum competency requirements for boiler inspectors under this chapter. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Certificate of operation: means a document issued to the owner of a boiler which authorizes the owner to operate the boiler, subject to any restrictions endorsed thereon. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Department: means the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
(1) If the department finds that one or more grounds exist for the suspension, revocation, or refusal to renew any certificate of operation or certificate of competency issued under this chapter, the department may, in its discretion, in lieu of or in addition to suspension or revocation or in lieu of refusal to renew, impose upon the certificateholder an administrative penalty in an amount up to $500, or, if the department has found willful misconduct or willful violation on the part of the certificateholder, in an amount up to $3,500.
(2) The department may allow the certificateholder a reasonable period, no more than 30 days, within which to pay to the department the amount of the penalty so imposed. If the certificateholder fails to pay the penalty in its entirety to the department within the period so allowed, the certificate of that person must be suspended until the penalty is paid. If the certificateholder fails to pay the penalty in its entirety to the department within 90 days after the period so allowed, the certificate of that person must be revoked.