Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 218 > Part VI - Participation in Half-Cent Sales Tax Proceeds
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- political subdivision: include counties, cities, towns, villages, special tax school districts, special road and bridge districts, bridge districts, and all other districts in this state. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Population: means the latest official state estimate of population certified pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 218.60
- Utility tax relief: means a dollar amount which represents a reduction in taxes to be collected pursuant to ss. See Florida Statutes 218.60