[ 342F-33] Research, educational, and training programs. The director may:
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 342F-33
- Director: means the director of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342F-1
- Excessive noise: means the presence of sound as measured by standard testing devices as established by the noise rules adopted by the department of a volume or in quantities and for durations which endangers human health, welfare or safety, animal life, or property or which unreasonably interferes with the comfortable enjoyment of life and property in the State or in such areas of the State as are affected thereby. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342F-1
(1) Conduct and supervise research programs for the purpose of determining the causes, effects, and hazards of excessive noise and the means whereby noise may be monitored, controlled, or abated;
(2) With the approval of the governor, cooperate with, and receive money from, the federal government, or any political subdivision of the State or from private sources for the study and control of excessive noise; and
(3) Conduct or commission and supervise state educational and training programs on noise prevention, control, and abatement, including the preparation and distribution of information relating to excessive noise and its effect on people.