§448F-4 Regulation of electrologists. (a) In addition to any other powers and duties authorized by law, the department pursuant to chapter 91, may adopt rules as it deems necessary for the public health or safety relating to, but not limited to:
(1) The education, training, experience or qualifications required to obtain a license under this chapter;
(2) The practices, standards, or conduct of persons holding a license under this chapter; and
(3) The use of anesthetic injections, topical anesthetics, other medications, and prescription drugs.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 448F-4
- Department: means the department of commerce and consumer affairs. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 448F-2
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(b) The department shall receive the assistance of the department of health in formulating rules relating to subsection (a)(3). All matters relating to the establishment and enforcement of sanitation requirements shall be under the jurisdiction of the department of health.