(1) Personal or controlled insurance means a policy of title insurance where the insured or one (1) of the insureds under such policy is, or the loss thereunder is payable to:
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-2709
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(a) the title insurer issuing such policy or to any person or entity directly or indirectly owning or controlling a majority of the voting stock or ownership in such title insurer, or any entity which is directly or indirectly controlled by a person or entity which also controls the title insurer described in this subsection (a); or
(b) a title insurance agent issuing such policy, or if the agent is a natural person, to his spouse, employer or employer’s spouse or such other person related to said persons mentioned within the first degree by blood or marriage, or if the employer is an entity, to any person directly or indirectly owning or controlling the majority of voting stock or ownership of such entity, or any partner or member of an association, and if the agent is an entity, to any person directly or indirectly owning or controlling the majority of the voting stock or ownership of such entity or any corporation which directly or indirectly controls such person who also controls the title insurance agent.
(2) If the rates and charges for personal or controlled insurance in any one (1) year received from any one (1) source by a title insurer or by a title insurance agency exceed twenty-five per cent (25%), or if from all sources of personal and controlled insurance exceed fifty per cent (50%), of the total rates and charges received by such title insurer or title insurance agent in the same year, the excess shall be deemed unlawful rebates. For the purpose of this provision, if the interest of the title insurer or title insurance agent is or was held by the same in a fiduciary capacity for the beneficial owner thereof reflected by a writing between the parties, the issuance of such title insurance policy by which title is conveyed to or by such title insurer or title insurance agent shall not be deemed controlled insurance.