Members of the board shall be citizens of the United States and residents of this state; and except for the public member, they shall have been engaged for at least twelve (12) years in the practice of engineering for the professional engineer members or land surveying for the professional land surveyor members, shall have been in responsible charge for at least five (5) years of important professional engineering or professional land surveying work, and shall be licensed under the provisions of this chapter. Responsible charge of engineering or land surveying teaching may be construed as responsible charge of important professional engineering or professional land surveying work.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 54-1204
- Board: means the Idaho board of licensure of professional engineers and professional land surveyors, hereinafter provided by this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Engineer: means a person who is qualified to practice engineering by reason of his special knowledge and use of mathematical, physical and engineering sciences, and the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, acquired by professional education and engineering experience. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Professional land surveyor: means a person who is qualified by reason of his knowledge of the principles of land surveying acquired by education and practical experience to engage in the practice of professional land surveying and who has been duly licensed as a professional land surveyor by the board under this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Public: means any person, firm, corporation, partnership, company, government agency, institution or any other entity recognized by law. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Responsible charge: means the control and direction of engineering work, or the control and direction of land surveying work, requiring initiative, professional skill, independent judgment and professional knowledge of the content of relevant documents during their preparation. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114