(1) Each licensee or intern shall apply for renewal by the last day of the month during which the licensee was born, in even-numbered state of Idaho fiscal years for those born in even-numbered calendar years and in odd-numbered state of Idaho fiscal years for those born in odd-numbered calendar years, and shall become invalid on that date unless renewed.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 54-1216
- Board: means the Idaho board of licensure of professional engineers and professional land surveyors, hereinafter provided by this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Business entity: means a corporation, professional corporation, limited liability company, professional limited liability company, general partnership, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, professional limited liability partnership or any other form of business except a sole proprietorship. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Engineer: means a person who is qualified to practice engineering by reason of his special knowledge and use of mathematical, physical and engineering sciences, and the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, acquired by professional education and engineering experience. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Land surveyor intern: means a person who has qualified for, taken and passed an examination in the fundamentals of surveying subjects as provided in this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-1202
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Certificates of authorization for business entities shall expire annually on the last day of the month in which the certificates were initially issued and shall become invalid on that date unless renewed.
(3) Renewal shall be effective after the payment of a renewal fee to be fixed by the board at not more than one hundred fifty dollars ($150) and upon completion of any requirements for renewal required by this chapter or administrative rule.
(4) The failure on the part of any licensee or certificate holder to renew his or its license or certificate before expiration shall not deprive such person or business entity of the right of renewal, but the fee to be paid for the renewal of a license or certificate after the month in which it is due shall be increased fifty percent (50%) for each month or fraction of a month that payment of renewal is delayed; provided however, that the maximum fee for delayed renewal shall not exceed five hundred dollars ($500).
(5) Any work performed after a license or certificate of authorization has expired, but before delayed renewal has been effected, shall become valid upon delayed renewal as if the license or certificate of authorization had not expired, but the licensee or certificate holder may be subject to disciplinary action by the board for practice on an expired license or such other action as provided pursuant to this chapter.
(6) The renewal of intern certificates shall be processed as prescribed in subsections (1) and (4) of this section for licensees, except that the biennial renewal fee shall not be more than thirty dollars ($30.00). The failure on the part of any intern to effect renewal shall not invalidate his status as an engineer intern or land surveyor intern, but his name shall be removed from the board’s mailing list.