Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 28 > Chapter 46 > Part 4
- Administrator: means the state treasurer or his or her duly authorized agents or employees. See Idaho Code 28-46-101
- Annual percentage rate: The cost of credit at a yearly rate. It is calculated in a standard way, taking the average compound interest rate over the term of the loan so borrowers can compare loans. Lenders are required by law to disclose a card account's APR. Source: FDIC
- Apparent owner: means the person whose name appears on the records of the holder as the person entitled to property held, issued, or owing by the holder. See Idaho Code 28-46-101
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attorney general: means the chief legal officer of this state. See Idaho Code 28-46-101
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Business association: means a nonpublic corporation, limited liability company, joint stock company, investment company, business trust, partnership, or association for business purposes of two (2) or more individuals, whether or not for profit, including, but not limited to, a banking organization, financial organization, insurance company, or utility. See Idaho Code 28-46-101
- check: refers to a check or the electronic equivalent of a check, including an authorization given by a borrower to a creditor to withdraw an agreed upon amount from any account held by the borrower. See Idaho Code 28-46-401
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Domicile: means the state of incorporation of a corporation and the state of the principal place of business of an unincorporated person. See Idaho Code 28-46-101
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Escheat: Reversion of real or personal property to the state when 1) a person dies without leaving a will and has no heirs, or 2) when the property (such as a bank account) has been inactive for a certain period of time. Source: OCC
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Holder: means a person, wherever organized or domiciled, who is:
Idaho Code 28-46-101
Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies. Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Last known address: means a description of the location of the apparent owner sufficient for the purpose of the delivery of mail. See Idaho Code 28-46-101 licensee: means a person licensed under this part and all persons required to be licensed under this part. See Idaho Code 28-46-401 Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114 Oath: A promise to tell the truth. Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period. Owner: means a depositor in the case of a deposit, a beneficiary in case of a trust other than a deposit in trust, a creditor, claimant, or payee in the case of other intangible property, or a person having a legal or equitable interest in property subject to this act or his legal representative. See Idaho Code 28-46-101 payday loan: means a transaction pursuant to a written agreement between a creditor and the maker of a check whereby the creditor:
Idaho Code 28-46-401
Person: means an individual, business association, state or other government, governmental subdivision or agency, public corporation, public authority, estate, trust, two (2) or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Idaho Code 28-46-101 person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, evidences of debt and general intangibles as defined in the uniform commercial code — secured transactions. See Idaho Code 73-114 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 State: means any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession, or any other area subject to the legislative authority of the United States. See Idaho Code 28-46-101 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Statute: A law passed by a legislature. Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony. Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries. Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust. Utility: means a person who owns or operates for public use any plant, equipment, property, franchise, or license for the transmission of communications or the production, storage, transmission, sale, delivery, or furnishing of electricity, water, steam, or gas. See Idaho Code 28-46-101