(a) The offense of aggravated fleeing or attempting to elude a peace officer is committed by any driver or operator of a motor vehicle who flees or attempts to elude a peace officer, after being given a visual or audible signal by a peace officer in the manner prescribed in subsection (a) of Section 11-204 of this Code, and such flight or attempt to elude:
(1) is at a rate of speed at least 21 miles per hour
over the legal speed limit;
(2) causes bodily injury to any individual;
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/11-204.1
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
(3) causes damage in excess of $300 to property;
(4) involves disobedience of 2 or more official
traffic control devices; or
(5) involves the concealing or altering of the
vehicle's registration plate.
(b) Any person convicted of a first violation of this Section shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony. Upon notice of such a conviction the Secretary of State shall forthwith revoke the driver's license of the person so convicted, as provided in Section 6-205 of this Code. Any person convicted of a second or subsequent violation of this Section shall be guilty of a Class 3 felony, and upon notice of such a conviction the Secretary of State shall forthwith revoke the driver's license of the person convicted, as provided in Section 6-205 of the Code.
(c) The motor vehicle used in a violation of this Section is subject to seizure and forfeiture as provided in Sections 36-1 and 36-2 of the Criminal Code of 2012.