|§ 51||Legislative intent|
|§ 52||Applicability; definitions|
|§ 53||Rebalancing benchmarks|
|§ 54||Quality assurance and quality improvement|
|§ 55||Dissemination of reports|
|§ 56||Effect on existing rights|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 20 ILCS 2407 > Article 3
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Departments: means for the purposes of this Act, the Department of Human Services, the Department on Aging, Department of Healthcare and Family Services and Department of Public Health, unless otherwise noted. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 20 ILCS 2407/52
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- home and community-based long-term care services: means , with respect to the State Medicaid program, a service aid, or benefit, home and community-based services, including, but not limited to, home health and personal care services, that are provided to a person with a disability, and are voluntarily accepted, as part of his or her long-term care that: (i) is provided under the State's qualified home and community-based program or that could be provided under such a program but is otherwise provided under the Medicaid program; (ii) is delivered in a qualified residence; and (iii) is necessary for the person with a disability to live in the community. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 20 ILCS 2407/52
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- qualified residence: means , with respect to an eligible individual: (i) a home owned or leased by the individual or the individual's authorized representative (as defined by P. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 20 ILCS 2407/52