Illinois Compiled Statutes > 625 ILCS 5 > Chapter 18a > Article I – Definitions, Policy And Jurisdiction
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 625 ILCS 5 > Chapter 18a > Article I - Definitions, Policy And Jurisdiction
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dispatcher: means any person who, as an employee or agent of a commercial vehicle relocator, dispatches vehicles to or from locations from which operators perform removal activities; and
(7) "Dispatcher's employment permit" means a license issued to a dispatcher in accordance with Sections 18a-407 or 18a-408 of this Chapter. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18a-100
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- relocator: means any person or entity engaged in the business of removing trespassing vehicles from private property by means of towing or otherwise, and thereafter relocating and storing such vehicles;
(2) "Commission" means the Illinois Commerce Commission;
(3) "Operator" means any person who, as an employee of a commercial vehicle relocator, removes trespassing vehicles from private property by means of towing or otherwise. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18a-100
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- Units of local government: has the meaning established in Section 1 of Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Illinois of 1970. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.28