Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 725 ILCS 165 - Firearm Seizure Act
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- sworn: shall be construed to include the word "affirmed. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.12
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.