Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 725 ILCS 165
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- sworn: shall be construed to include the word "affirmed. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.12
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.