|§ 775 ILCS 5/5-101||Definitions|
|§ 775 ILCS 5/5-102||Civil Rights Violations: Public Accommodations|
|§ 775 ILCS 5/5-102.1||No Civil Rights Violation: Public Accommodations|
|§ 775 ILCS 5/5-102.2||Jurisdiction limited|
|§ 775 ILCS 5/5-103||Exemption|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 775 ILCS 5 > Article 5 - Public Accommodations
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- United States: may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14