Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 25.5 > Chapter 3 - Service and Return of Writ
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.