|Chapter 2||Establishment of Board|
|Chapter 4||Appeals of Determinations by Assessing Officials|
|Chapter 5||Appeals of Final Determinations by the Department of Local Government Finance|
|Chapter 6||Adoption of Rules|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 6 > Article 1.5
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Probate: Proving a will
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5