|Chapter 4||County Vehicle Excise Tax|
|Chapter 5||County Wheel Tax|
|Chapter 9||Local Option Hiring Incentive|
|Chapter 10||Municipal Vehicle Excise Tax|
|Chapter 11||Municipal Wheel Tax|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 6 > Article 3.5
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- fiscal body: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-1-2-6. See Indiana Code 6-3.5-9-2
- IEDC: refers to the Indiana economic development corporation established by IC 5-28-3-1. See Indiana Code 6-3.5-9-3
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- new employee: has the meaning set forth in IC 6-3. See Indiana Code 6-3.5-9-4
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means an individual, a sole proprietorship, a partnership, an association, a fiduciary, a corporation, a limited liability company, or any other business entity. See Indiana Code 6-3.5-9-5
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- qualified unit: means a city or county described in section 1 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 6-3.5-9-7
- taxpayer: means a person that enters an agreement with a qualified unit to receive a hiring incentive. See Indiana Code 6-3.5-9-8
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5