(a) The council shall:
(1) Advise the director on the administration of the dispute resolution act and on policy development therefor;
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 5-505
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(2) assist the director in providing technical assistance to programs, individuals and other entities, including courts, requesting the study and development of dispute resolution programs;
(3) consult with appropriate and necessary state agencies and offices to promote a cooperative and comprehensive implementation of the dispute resolution act;
(4) advise the director with respect to the awarding of grants or any other financial assistance program which is administered under the dispute resolution act;
(5) advise the director with respect to applications submitted by programs and individuals for approval under Kan. Stat. Ann. § 5-507, and amendments thereto;
(6) assist the director with the review, supervision and evaluation of dispute resolution programs; and
(7) make recommendations to the director pertaining to legislation affecting dispute resolution.
(b) The council shall meet at least four times per year and at other times deemed necessary to perform its functions. Members of the council attending meetings of the council or attending a subcommittee meeting thereof authorized by the council shall receive amounts provided for in subsection (e) of Kan. Stat. Ann. § 75-3223, and amendments thereto.
(c) The council may appoint subcommittees of the council and task forces to carry out its work. Subcommittee and task force members shall have knowledge of, responsibility for, or interest in an area related to the duties of the council assigned to the subcommittee or task force.