Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 31 > Article 4
- Action: shall include nonaction or the failure to take action. See Kansas Statutes 31-402
- Authorized agencies: means :
(1) The office of state fire marshal;
(2) the office of the attorney general of Kansas;
(3) the office of a district or county attorney;
(4) all law enforcement agencies;
(5) all official fire fighting agencies;
and solely for the purposes of K. See Kansas Statutes 31-402
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Insurance company: includes the Kansas Fair Plan. See Kansas Statutes 31-402
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Relevant: means information having any tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the investigation or determination of the issue more probable or less probable than it would be without the evidence. See Kansas Statutes 31-402
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Testify: Answer questions in court.