Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:3839
- Corporation: means a private or public corporation, association or trust issuing a security;
(4) "Fiduciary" means an executor, administrator, trustee, guardian, committee, conservator, curator, tutor, custodian or nominee;
(5) "Person" includes an individual, a corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity;
(6) "Security" includes any share of stock, bond, debenture, note or other security issued by a corporation which is registered as to ownership on the books of the corporation;
(7) "Transfer" means a change on the books of a corporation in the registered ownership of a security;
(8) "Transfer agent" means a person employed or authorized by a corporation to transfer securities issued by the corporation. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:3831
This Chapter does not affect any obligation of a corporation or transfer agent with respect to taxes imposed by the laws of Louisiana.
Added by Acts 1960, No. 444, §1; Acts 2010, No. 175, §2.