|§ 37.261||Short title|
|§ 37.263||Collection of electronic data or metadata by federal agency; assistance or support by state or political subdivision; limitation; circumstances|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 37 > Act 71 of 2018 - Fourth Amendment Rights Protection Act
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- child: means a single or married individual under 21 years of age whose activity is or may become so restricted by disease or specified medical condition as to reduce the individual's normal capacity for education and self-support. See Michigan Laws 333.5801
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- dwelling: is a ny house, building, structure, tent, shelter, trailer or vehicle, or portion thereof, (except railroad cars, on tracks or rights-of-way) which is occupied in whole or in part as the home, residence, living or sleeping place of 1 or more human beings, either permanently or transiently. See Michigan Laws 125.402
- Electronic data: means information related to an electronic communication or the use of an electronic communication service, including, but not limited to, the contents, sender, recipients, or format of an electronic communication; the precise or approximate location of the sender or recipients of an electronic communication at any time during the communication; the time or date the communication was created, sent, or received; and the identity of an individual or device involved in the communication, including, but not limited to, an internet protocol address. See Michigan Laws 37.262
- Metadata: means information generally not visible when an electronic document is printed describing the history, tracking, or management of the electronic document, including information about data in the electronic document that describes how, when, and by whom the data were collected, created, accessed, or modified and how the data are formatted. See Michigan Laws 37.262
- multiple dwelling: is a dwelling occupied otherwise than as a private dwelling or 2 family dwelling. See Michigan Laws 125.402
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- shall: is a lways mandatory and not directory, and denotes that the dwelling shall be maintained in all respects according to the mandate as long as it continues to be a dwelling. See Michigan Laws 125.402
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o