|Part 1||General Provisions||§ 15-35-101 – § 15-35-122|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 15 > Chapter 35
- Agreement: means a signed contract that is valid under Montana law between a coal mine operator and a purchaser or broker for the sale of coal that is produced in Montana. See Montana Code 15-35-102
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contract sales price: means either the price of coal extracted and prepared for shipment f. See Montana Code 15-35-102
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: means an individual, corporation (domestic or foreign), partnership, association, joint-stock company, or syndicate. See Montana Code 15-1-102
- Prepared for shipment: includes but is not limited to services such as in-mine movement, crushing, sizing, screening, storing, mixing, loading, treatment with substances including chemicals or oils, and other preparation of the coal for disposition. See Montana Code 15-35-102
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Montana Code 1-1-202
- Produced: means severed from the earth. See Montana Code 15-35-102
- Property: means real and personal property. See Montana Code 1-1-205
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Ton: means 2,000 pounds. See Montana Code 15-35-102
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Writing: includes printing. See Montana Code 1-1-203