|Part 1||General||§ 37-20-101 – § 37-20-104|
|Part 2||Board of Medical Examiners||§ 37-20-201 – § 37-20-203|
|Part 3||Supervision Agreements||§ 37-20-301 – § 37-20-303|
|Part 4||Regulation of Practice||§ 37-20-401 – § 37-20-411|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 37 > Chapter 20
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Board: means the Montana state board of medical examiners established in 2-15-1731. See Montana Code 37-20-401
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Duties and delegation agreement: means a written contract between the supervising physician and the physician assistant that meets the requirements of 37-20-301. See Montana Code 37-20-401
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Physician assistant: means a member of a health care team, licensed by the board, who provides medical services that may include but are not limited to examination, diagnosis, prescription of medications, and treatment under the supervision of a physician licensed by the board. See Montana Code 37-20-401
- Supervising physician: means a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy licensed by the board who agrees to a supervision agreement and a duties and delegation agreement. See Montana Code 37-20-401
- Supervision agreement: means a written agreement between a supervising physician and a physician assistant providing for the supervision of the physician assistant. See Montana Code 37-20-401