When any amount of inheritance tax shall have been paid erroneously to the county treasurer, he shall, upon a finding by the court and an order rendered to him of the erroneous payment, refund and pay to the executor, assets of the estate, pay debts, and distribute residue to those entitled to it.”>administrator or trustee, person or persons who have paid any such tax in error the amount of such tax so paid. All applications for the repayment of the tax shall be made to the county court within two years of the date of payment. The county court shall hear all evidence relevant to its finding whether or not any amount of inheritance tax has been erroneously paid and if any refund of such payment is due. The court shall notify the county treasurer of its final determination.
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 77-2018
- assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Person: shall include bodies politic and corporate, societies, communities, the public generally, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, and associations. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.