(1) The State Fire Marshal shall employ a state boiler inspector who shall work under the direct supervision of the State Fire Marshal or his or her designee. The state boiler inspector shall:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 81-5,167
- Acquire: when used in connection with a grant of power or property right to any person shall include the purchase, grant, gift, devise, bequest, and obtaining by eminent domain. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(a) Be a practical boilermaker, technical engineer, operating engineer, or boiler inspector;
(b) Hold an “AI” or “IS” Commission from the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors. The state boiler inspector shall also either hold “B” and “R” endorsements to his or her commission at the time of hire or acquire such endorsements within eighteen months of employment;
(c) Be qualified by not less than ten years’ experience in the construction, installation, repair, inspection, or operation of boilers, steam generators, and superheaters;
(d) Have a knowledge of the operation and use of boilers, steam generators, and superheaters for the generating of steam for power, heating, or other purposes; and
(e) Neither directly nor indirectly be interested in the manufacture, ownership, or agency of boilers, steam generators, and superheaters.
(2) The State Fire Marshal may hire deputy inspectors as necessary to carry out the Boiler Inspection Act. Deputy inspectors shall hold an “IS” Commission from the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors or acquire the same within twelve months of hire. Such deputy inspectors shall otherwise be subject to and governed by the same rules and regulations applicable to and governing the acts and conduct of the state boiler inspector.
(3) Before entering upon his or her duties under the Boiler Inspection Act, the state boiler inspector and each deputy inspector shall be bonded or insured as required by section 11-201 .
- Laws 1943, c. 112, § 1, p. 392;
- R.S.1943, § 48-701;
- Laws 1978, LB 653, § 12;
- R.S.1943, (1984), § 48-701;
- Laws 1987, LB 462, § 3;
- Laws 1998, LB 395, § 12;
- Laws 1999, LB 66, § 1;
- Laws 2004, LB 884, § 23;
- Laws 2017, LB264, § 1;
- R.S.Supp.,2018, § 48-721;
- Laws 2019, LB301, § 3.
- Operative Date: July 1, 2019