1. Every keeper of a garage, parking area or trailer park who provides storage or parking for vehicles subject to registration under the laws of this State shall report the presence of vehicles to the persons set forth in subsection 3 as follows:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 487.010
(a) If there is reason to believe that the vehicle is stolen, abandoned or secreted, within 24 hours after storage or parking begins.
(b) If there is reason to believe that the vehicle has been stored without the knowledge or consent of the registered owner, within 5 days after storage or parking begins.
(c) In any event within 30 days after storage or parking begins, even though notice may have previously been given under the provisions of paragraphs (a) and (b).
2. The notice must be given on forms provided by the state agency and include the vehicle registration plate number, the vehicle identification number and such other information as may be available which will aid in identifying the registered and the legal owner of the vehicle.
3. Notice must be given in person or by mail to:
(a) The sheriff of the county in which the vehicle is stored;
(b) If the vehicle is stored in a city, the chief of police of the city; or
(c) The state agency.
4. The notice required by this section must be given to the state agency if the vehicle has not been stored at the direction of either the sheriff of the county or, in the case of a city, the chief of police of the city in which the vehicle is stored.
5. The operator of the tow car shall within 15 days after storage begins:
(a) If the vehicle is registered in this State, notify the legal owner and any holder of a security interest who appears of record.
(b) If the vehicle is registered in another state, request from the appropriate agency of that state the name and address of the legal owner and holder of a security interest. If the names and addresses are obtained, the operator of the tow car shall notify each of the persons. The state agency may utilize local law enforcement agencies of this State to obtain the necessary information for the operator of the tow car.
6. Failure to comply with the provisions of subsections 1, 2 and 3 renders any lien for storage beyond 24 hours, 5 days or 30 days, respectively, void.