|Department of Motor Vehicles||481.019 – 481.087|
|Use of Alternate Address||481.089 – 481.099|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 481 - Administration of Laws Relating to Motor Vehicles
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Department: means the Department of Education. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Director: means the Director of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Division: means the Division of Child and Family Services of the Department of Health and Human Services. See Nevada Revised Statutes 127.003
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Public schools: means all kindergartens and elementary schools, junior high schools and middle schools, high schools, charter schools and any other schools, classes and educational programs which receive their support through public taxation and, except for charter schools, whose textbooks and courses of study are under the control of the State Board. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007