|§ 41-8-1||Short title|
|§ 41-8-3||Disclosure and information|
|§ 41-8-6||Jurisdiction not affected|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 41 > Article 8
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.