Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 106 > Article 63 - Aquaculture Development Act
- Aquaculture: means the propagation and rearing of aquatic species in controlled or selected environments, including, but not limited to, ocean ranching;
North Carolina General Statutes 106-758
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See North Carolina General Statutes 106-758
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- in writing: may be construed to include printing, engraving, lithographing, and any other mode of representing words and letters: Provided, that in all cases where a written signature is required by law, the same shall be in a proper handwriting, or in a proper mark. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3