(1) In accordance with the applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the Environmental Quality Commission shall adopt rules relating to the control of levels of noise emitted into the environment of this state and including the following:
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 467.030
- public notice: means any legal publication which requires an affidavit of publication as required in ORS 193. See N.Y. Penal Law 235.07 - Obscenity in the First Degree
- to and including: when used in a reference to a series of statute sections, subsections or paragraphs. See N.Y. Penal Law 235.05 - Obscenity in the Third Degree
(a) Categories of noise emission sources, including the categories of motor vehicles and aircraft.
(b) Requirements and specifications for equipment to be used in the monitoring of noise emissions.
(c) Procedures for the collection, reporting, interpretations and use of data obtained from noise monitoring activities.
(2) The Environmental Quality Commission shall investigate and, after appropriate public notice and hearing, shall establish maximum permissible levels of noise emission for each category established, as well as the method of measurement of the levels of noise emission.
(3) The Environmental Quality Commission shall adopt, after appropriate public notice and hearing, standards for the control of noise emissions which shall be enforceable by order of the commission.
(4) In adopting noise control rules, levels and standards under this section, the Environmental Quality Commission shall not adopt any rule that would impose liability for any activity for which immunity from civil and criminal liability is granted or for which an action for nuisance is prohibited under ORS 467.131 and 467.133. [1971 c.452 § 2; 1973 c.107 § 1; 1973 c.835 § 159; 1995 s.s. c.3 § 40d; 1996 c.8 § 4]