(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, all persons licensed under ORS 601.050 or 601.080 shall transport bodies, carcasses or parts of animals to their establishments in a covered wagon, truck bed or tank which is watertight and so constructed that no drippings or seepings can escape therefrom. Such wagon, truck bed or tank shall be so constructed as to conform to the rules and regulations that may be established by the State Department of Agriculture. The bodies, carcasses or parts of animals shall not be removed from such wagon, truck bed or tank except at the place of final disposition.
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 601.100
- Person: includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint stock companies. See N.Y. Penal Law 235.05 - Obscenity in the Third Degree
(2) However, any person licensed under ORS 601.050 or 601.080 may, for the purpose of securing economy of handling and transportation, establish a refrigerated assembly plant where whole bodies of dead animals or their carcasses or parts may be placed in storage pending the assembly of an economical quantity for transportation to the central plant. Such assembly plant shall conform to such regulations by the department as shall keep it in sanitary condition. Each such assembly plant shall be subject to an annual license fee of $10.
(3) Whole bodies of dead animals, the condition of which has not become obnoxious to human senses, and which cannot be placed in an ordinary wagon, truck bed or tank as described in subsection (1) of this section, may be transported in an open wagon or truck. In such case the body shall be suitably covered and concealed.
(4) In the case of transporting offal or parts of bodies from slaughterhouses or other places, the containers in which they are transported must have tight covers and be kept in a sanitary condition.