(1) For the Secretary of State to file a document under this chapter, the document must satisfy the requirements set forth in this section and any other requirements in this chapter that supplement or modify the requirements set forth in this section.
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 62.025
- Delivery: means any method of delivery used in conventional commercial practice, including by hand, mail, commercial delivery and, in accordance with ORS 60. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 24-228.1 - Exhausts
- Person: means an individual or entity. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 24-228.1 - Exhausts
- Signature: means any embodiment of a person's intent to sign a document. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 24-228.1 - Exhausts
(2) This chapter must require or permit filing the document with the Office of Secretary of State.
(3) The document must contain the information required by this chapter and may contain other information.
(4) The document must be legible.
(5) The document must be in the English language.
(6) The document must be executed:
(a) By the chairperson of the board of directors of a domestic cooperative, by the president or by another of the domestic cooperative’s officers;
(b) If directors have not been selected or before the organizational meeting, by an incorporator;
(c) If the cooperative is in the hands of a receiver, trustee or other court-appointed fiduciary, by the receiver, trustee or fiduciary; or
(d) By an agent of a person identified in this subsection, if the person authorizes the agent to execute the document.
(7) The person that executes the document shall state beneath or opposite the signature the person’s name and the capacity in which the person signs. The document may, but is not required to, contain:
(a) The corporate seal;
(b) An attestation by the secretary or an assistant secretary; and
(c) An acknowledgment, verification or proof.
(8) If the Secretary of State has prescribed a mandatory form for the document under ORS 62.045, the document must be in or on the prescribed form.
(9) The document must be delivered to the Office of Secretary of State and must be accompanied by the required fees.
(10) Delivery of a document to the Office of Secretary of State is accomplished only when the Office of Secretary of State actually receives the document. [1987 c.94 § 69; 1999 c.486 § 7; 2013 c.159 § 4]