- The commissioner shall approve as a licensed electrology instructor without the required examination any person who meets the waiver requirements in § 63-26-115 and who has taught electrology for at least three (3) consecutive years prior to June 30, 1989.
- The commissioner shall require satisfactory documentation of prior continuous teaching in electrology.
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of health and includes designees of the commissioner of health. See Tennessee Code 63-26-102
- Electrology: means the art and practice relating to the removal of hair from the normal skin of the human body by application of an electric current to the hair papilla by means of a needle or needles so as to cause growth inactivity of the hair papilla and thus permanently remove the hair. See Tennessee Code 63-26-102
- Electrology instructor: means an electrologist who is licensed by the commissioner to practice and teach electrology. See Tennessee Code 63-26-102
- Application for an electrology teaching license shall be made on a form provided by the commissioner.
- Payment of the scheduled fee for an electrology instructor license shall accompany an application.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 63-26-116