|§ 4-30-101||Purpose — Short title|
|§ 4-30-102||Chapter definitions|
|§ 4-30-103||Use of current electronic technology — Filing of plan before implementing new electronic technology — Contents of plan|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 4 > Chapter 30
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agriculture: means :
(i) The land, buildings and machinery used in the commercial production of farm products and nursery stock. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bonds: means bonds, notes, interim certificates or other obligations of a corporation issued pursuant to this chapter. See Tennessee Code 7-39-102
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of agriculture. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Commodity: means beef, corn, pork, and eggs, produced on a commercial basis. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corn: means all kinds of varieties of corn except popcorn, sweet corn, and ornamental corns. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County mayor: means and includes "county executive" unless the context clearly indicates otherwise. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Department: means the department of agriculture. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Egg: means a pullet egg or a hen egg and excludes all other types of eggs. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- egg dealer: means any person engaged as a wholesale distributor in the business of distributing or marketing eggs in Tennessee, regardless of where the eggs are produced. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Livestock: means all equine as well as animals that are being raised primarily for use as food or fiber for human utilization or consumption including, but not limited to, cattle, sheep, swine, goats, and poultry. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- local government: means any county, metropolitan government, municipality or other political subdivision of this state. See Tennessee Code 4-30-102
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Person: means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, cooperative or other business. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Processor: means any person engaged in the business of processing commodity products. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Producer: means any person who produces a commodity and thereafter causes the commodity to be marketed. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Purchaser: means any dealer or processor who purchases or receives such commodity from producers on a commercial basis. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Qualified producer organization: means any agricultural organization, federation, or association that is organized as a "not for profit" organization under the laws of the state of Tennessee, and whose membership is fairly representative of farmers who are active producers of one (1) or more agricultural commodities covered under this chapter. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Referendum: means any voting procedure under which affected producers may, by secret ballot, vote for or against an assessment authorized by this chapter. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Representative: when applied to those who represent a decedent, includes executors and administrators, unless the context implies heirs and distributees. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- safewalk: means a system of safe and secure, narrow linear parks, greenbelts, walkways, and sidewalks that function as pedestrian corridors linking inner city residential areas with schools, libraries, playgrounds, community centers, churches, grocery stores, and retail outlets. See Tennessee Code 13-13-203
- signed: includes a mark, the name being written near the mark and witnessed, or any other symbol or methodology executed or adopted by a party with intention to authenticate a writing or record, regardless of being witnessed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Vote: means to cast a ballot on a referendum. See Tennessee Code 43-29-103
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105