In an action or proceeding against a nonprofit association, a subpoena used by the criminal justice system. Source: U.S. DOJ “>summons and complaint must be served on an agent who is authorized by appointment to receive service of process, an officer, managing or general agent, or a person who is authorized to participate in the management of its affairs. If none of them can be served, service may be made on a member.