Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 345.375
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
(1) If a corporation or limited liability company fails to appear within the time required by the citation, the default of such corporation or limited liability company may be recorded and the charge against it taken as true and judgment shall be rendered accordingly.
(2) Upon default of the defendant corporation or limited liability company or upon conviction, judgment for the amount of the forfeiture, plus costs, fees, and surcharges imposed under ch. 814, shall be entered.