Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 46.856
- appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Town: may be construed to include cities, villages, wards or districts. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Village: means incorporated village. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) In this section:
(a) “Private nonprofit organization” has the meaning given in s. 108.02 (19).
(b) “Public agency” means a county, city, village, town or school district or an agency of this state or of a county, city, village, town or school district.
(2) From the appropriation under s. 20.435 (7) (bg), the department shall award a grant to at least one public agency or private nonprofit organization to do all of the following:
(a) Provide training and technical assistance to the staff of county departments under ss. 46.215, 46.22 and 46.23, to the staff of administering agencies designated under s. 46.87 (3) (c) or (d) and to other providers of services to persons with Alzheimer’s disease, as defined in s. 46.87 (1) (a).
(b) Determine the need for and create appropriate services to persons with Alzheimer’s disease in coordination with local agencies and service providers.
(c) Collect and disseminate information on Alzheimer’s disease, coordinate public awareness activities related to the disease and advise the department on public policy issues concerning the disease.