Except as provided in s. 948.081, any person who enters or remains in any place of prostitution with intent to have nonmarital sexual intercourse or to commit an act of sexual gratification, in public or in private, involving the sex organ of one person and the mouth or anus of another, masturbation or sexual contact with a prostitute is guilty of the following:
944.31 Note NOTE: Section 944.31 (intro.) is shown as affected by 2017 Wis. Acts 128 and 131 and as merged by the legislative reference bureau under s. 13.92 (2) (i).
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 944.31
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
(1) For a first or 2nd violation, a Class A misdemeanor.
(2) For a 3rd or subsequent violation, a Class I felony.