|§ 243.01||Grants, etc., of trust to be in writing|
|§ 243.02||Conveyances void as to creditors void as to their heirs, etc|
|§ 243.05||Instruments signed by agents|
|§ 243.06||Death of principal, effect on agency|
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes > Chapter 243
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- County board: means the county board of supervisors. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Population: means that shown by the most recent regular or special federal census. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Preceding: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next preceding that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Qualified: when applied to any person elected or appointed to office, means that such person has done those things which the person was by law required to do before entering upon the duties of the person's office. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.