Ohio Code > Title 51 > Chapter 5126 > § 5126.08 - Programs and services offered by county board
(A) The director of mental retardation and developmental disabilities shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code for all programs and services offered by a county board of mental retardation and developmental disabilities. Such rules shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Determination of what constitutes a program or service;
(2) Standards to be followed by a board in administering, providing, arranging, or operating programs and services;
(3) Standards for determining the nature and degree of mental retardation, including mild mental retardation, or developmental disability;
(4) Standards for determining eligibility for programs and services under sections 5126.042 and 5126.15 of the Revised Code;
(5) Procedures for obtaining consent for the arrangement of services under section 5126.31 of the Revised Code and for obtaining signatures on individual service plans under that section;
(6) Specification of the service and support administration to be provided by a county board and standards for resolving grievances in connection with service and support administration;
(7) Standards for the provision of environmental modifications, including standards that require adherence to all applicable state and local building codes;
(8) Standards for the provision of specialized medical, adaptive, and assistive equipment, supplies, and supports.
(B) The director shall be the final authority in determining the nature and degree of mental retardation or developmental disability.
Effective Date: 06-06-2001Prev | Next
Ohio Laws: Mental Health