|Subpart A||General Provisions|
|Subpart B||Prohibition of Sale and Distribution to Persons Younger Than 18 Years of Age|
|Subpart D||Labeling and Advertising|
Terms Used In 21 CFR Part 1140 - Cigarettes, Smokeless Tobacco, and Covered Tobacco Products
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.