|Part 1||General Provisions||43-19-101 – 43-19-112|
|Part 2||Tobacco Inspectors–inspections–violations||43-19-201 – 43-19-218|
|Part 3||Sale of Tobacco||43-19-301 – 43-19-305|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 43 > Chapter 19 - Tobacco Sales
- Agriculture: means :
- The land, buildings and machinery used in the commercial production of farm products and nursery stock. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- County mayor: means and includes "county executive" unless the context clearly indicates otherwise. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deteriorated: means any structure or vacant or unimproved lot or parcel in a predominantly built-up neighborhood:
- That, because of physical condition or use, is regarded as a public nuisance at common law or has been declared a public nuisance in accordance with local housing, building, plumbing, electrical, fire, health or related codes. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Dwelling: means any building or structure, or part thereof, used and occupied for human occupation or use or intended to be so used, and includes any outhouses and appurtenances belonging thereto or usually enjoyed therewith. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Dwelling unit: means a building or structure or part thereof that is used for a home or residence by one (1) or more persons who maintain a household. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Governing body: means the council, commission, or board, or other legislative body, charged with governing a municipality. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Municipality: means any county, including any county having a metropolitan form of government, or incorporated city or town in this state. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Owner: means the holder of the title to real property and every mortgagee of record. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Public authority: means any department, agency or branch of the government of the municipality or state relating to health, fire, building regulations, or other activities concerning structures in the municipality. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Public officer: means any officer or officers of a municipality or the executive director or other chief executive officer of any commission or authority established by the municipality or jointly with any other municipality who are authorized by ordinance adopted hereunder to exercise the power prescribed by the ordinances and by this part. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- Residential rental dwelling unit: means a dwelling unit that is leased or rented to one (1) or more tenants. See Tennessee Code 13-21-301
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105