|Subpart B||Manufacturer Certification of Compliance|
|Subpart C||Identification of Boats|
|Subpart G||Instruction Pamphlet for Personal Flotation Devices|
Terms Used In 33 CFR Part 181
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Boat: means any vessel--
(1) Manufactured or used primarily for noncommercial use. See 33 CFR 181.3
- Date of certification: means the date on which a boat or item of associated equipment is certified to comply with all applicable U. See 33 CFR 181.3
- Date of manufacture: means the month and year during which construction or assembly of a boat or item of associated equipment begins. See 33 CFR 181.3
- Habeas corpus: A writ that is usually used to bring a prisoner before the court to determine the legality of his imprisonment. It may also be used to bring a person in custody before the court to give testimony, or to be prosecuted.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Manufacturer: means any person engaged in--
(1) The manufacture, construction, or assembly of boats or associated equipment. See 33 CFR 181.3
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Private label merchandiser: means any person engaged in the business of selling and distributing, under his own trade name, boats, or items of associated equipment manufactured by another. See 33 CFR 181.3
- State: means a State of the United States, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and any other territory or possession of the United States. See 33 CFR 181.3
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.