Illinois Compiled Statutes > 110 ILCS 805 > Article IIIb – Tenure
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 3B-3||Dismissal of Non-tenure Faculty Member|
|§ 3B-4||Dismissal of Tenured Faculty Member for Cause|
|§ 3B-5||Reduction in Number of Faculty Members|
|§ 3B-6||Review under the Administrative Review Law|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 110 ILCS 805 > Article IIIb - Tenure
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Board: means a Board of a Community College District. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- District: means a Community College District. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Faculty Member: means a full time employee of the District regularly engaged in teaching or academic support services, but excluding supervisors, administrators and clerical employees. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Notice: means a written notice delivered in person or deposited in the U. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- School Year: means a regular academic year or its equivalent excluding summer school. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Term: means a term within a school year. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- United States: may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14