|§ 3B-3||Dismissal of Non-tenure Faculty Member|
|§ 3B-4||Dismissal of Tenured Faculty Member for Cause|
|§ 3B-5||Reduction in Number of Faculty Members|
|§ 3B-6||Review under the Administrative Review Law|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 110 ILCS 805 > Article IIIb
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Attorney-at-law: A person who is legally qualified and licensed to practice law, and to represent and act for clients in legal proceedings.
- Board: means a Board of a Community College District. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- District: means a Community College District. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Faculty Member: means a full time employee of the District regularly engaged in teaching or academic support services, but excluding supervisors, administrators and clerical employees. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Notice: means a written notice delivered in person or deposited in the U. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- oath: shall be deemed to include an affirmation, and the word "sworn" shall be construed to include the word "affirmed. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.12
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- School Year: means a regular academic year or its equivalent excluding summer school. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- sworn: shall be construed to include the word "affirmed. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.12
- Term: means a term within a school year. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.