Terms Used In 33 CFR Part 183
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- AWG: means American Wire Gauge. See 33 CFR 183.402
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Electrical component: means electrical equipment such as, but not limited to, conductors, solenoids, motors, generators, alternators, distributors, resistors, appliances and electrical control devices. See 33 CFR 183.402
- Flame arrestor: means a device or assembly that prevents passage of flame through a fuel vent. See 33 CFR 183.505
- Fuel: means gasoline. See 33 CFR 183.605
- Fuel system: means the entire assembly of the fuel fill, vent, tank, and distribution components, including pumps, valves, strainers, carburetors, and filters. See 33 CFR 183.505
- Manufacturer: means any person engaged in:
(1) The manufacture, construction, or assembly of recreational vessels, or
(2) The importation of recreational vessels into the United States for subsequent sale. See 33 CFR 183.803
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Open to the atmosphere: means a compartment that has at least 15 square inches of open area directly exposed to the atmosphere for each cubic foot of net compartment volume. See 33 CFR 183.605
- passenger carrying area: means each area in a boat in which persons can sit in a normal sitting position or stand while the boat is in operation. See 33 CFR 183.205
- passenger carrying area: means each area in a boat in which persons can sit in a normal sitting position or stand while the boat is in operation. See 33 CFR 183.305
- Pigtails: means external power conductors or wires that are part of electrical components and appliances, such as bilge pumps, blowers, lamps, switches, solenoids, and fuses. See 33 CFR 183.402
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Sheath: means a material used as a continuous protective covering, such as electrical tape, molded rubber, molded plastic, or flexible tubing, around one or more insulated conductors. See 33 CFR 183.402
- Static floating position: means the attitude in which a boat floats in calm water, with each fuel tank filled to its rated capacity, but with no person or item of portable equipment on board. See 33 CFR 183.505
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.