CFR > Title 16 > Chapter I > Subchapter I – Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Part 901||Procedures for State Application for Exemption from the Provisions of the Act|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 16 > Chapter I > Subchapter I - Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.