|§ 173.1||Purpose; preemptive effect|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 33 > Chapter I > Subchapter S > Part 173 > Subpart A
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, joint-stock association, or governmental entity and includes a trustee, receiver, assignee, or similar representative of any of them. See 33 CFR 173.3
- State: means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, the U. See 33 CFR 173.3
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Vessel: means every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water. See 33 CFR 173.3