Whoever knowingly introduces, or manufactures for introduction, into interstate commerce, or transports or distributes in interstate commerce, any switchblade knife, shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
Terms Used In 15 USC 1242
- interstate commerce: means commerce between any State, Territory, possession of the United States, or the District of Columbia, and any place outside thereof. See 40 USC 3114
- switchblade knife: means any knife having a blade which opens automatically--
(1) by hand pressure applied to a button or other device in the handle of the knife, or
(2) by operation of inertia, gravity, or both. See 40 USC 3114
- whoever: include corporations, companies, associations, firms, partnerships, societies, and joint stock companies, as well as individuals. See 19 USC 2291