(1) continuing the program under the authority of the Secretary;
(2) establishing a Federal corporation or federally sponsored enterprise to administer the program; or
(3) phasing out the program and relying on the capital markets to fund the types of infrastructure investments assisted by the TIFIA program without Federal participation.
Terms Used In 23 USC 609
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
(i) the date on which the letter of interest or application was received;
(ii) the date on which a notification was provided to the project sponsor regarding whether the application was complete or incomplete;
(iii) the date on which a revised and completed application was submitted (if applicable);
(iv) the date on which a notification was provided to the project sponsor regarding whether the project was approved or disapproved; and
(v) if the project was not approved, the reason for the disapproval.