The head of each agency operating or exercising control of a national security system shall be responsible for ensuring that the agency—
(1) provides information security protections commensurate with the risk and magnitude of the harm resulting from the unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction of the information contained in such system;
(2) implements information security policies and practices as required by standards and guidelines for national security systems, issued in accordance with law and as directed by the President; and
(3) complies with the requirements of this subchapter.
Terms Used In 44 USC 3557
- information security: means protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction in order to provide&mdash. See 44 USC 3552
- national security system: means any information system (including any telecommunications system) used or operated by an agency or by a contractor of an agency, or other organization on behalf of an agency&mdash. See 44 USC 3552