Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 44 > Chapter 35 > Subchapter II - Information Security
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- binding operational directive: means a compulsory direction to an agency that--
(A) is for purposes of safeguarding Federal information and information systems from a known or reasonably suspected information security threat, vulnerability, or risk. See 44 USC 3552
- incident: means an occurrence that--
(A) actually or imminently jeopardizes, without lawful authority, the integrity, confidentiality, or availability of information or an information system. See 44 USC 3552
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- information security: means protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction in order to provide--
(A) integrity, which means guarding against improper information modification or destruction, and includes ensuring information nonrepudiation and authenticity. See 44 USC 3552
- intelligence community: has the meaning given that term in section 3(4) of the National Security Act of 1947 (50 U. See 44 USC 3552
- Legacy: A gift of property made by will.
- national security system: means any information system (including any telecommunications system) used or operated by an agency or by a contractor of an agency, or other organization on behalf of an agency--
(i) the function, operation, or use of which--
(I) involves intelligence activities. See 44 USC 3552
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Homeland Security. See 44 USC 3552